Aerospace & Transport
We build plants for the Aerospace & Transport sector. We have been doing this for a very long time. Many of the plants we supplied are still working well over 25 years after we installed them, and we still regularly supply Service and Technical support, spare parts etc.
Our clients in this broad sector produce both components and finished vehicles. They manufacture cars, lorries, caravans and aircraft etc. Every factory needs to treat the wastewater produced carefully before discharging it to our common environment.
They do take this responsibility seriously!
The metallic components required are finished in a wide variety of ways. Finishing ensures that they are suitable for the duty they have to perform. For example, flying over the sea exposes aircraft to the corrosive salty water. Corrosion resistance is a major issue in such cases. Applying various surface finishes minimises corrosion. This ranges from simple phosphating before painting to a range of electroplated finishes. A wide range of different chemical-based solutions achieve the finish required. Commonly the most important aim is to prevent corrosion and therefore ensure long life.
Rinsing those finishing chemicals off the components is a major issue to ensure their long-life. Using deionised water, at least in the final rinsing step, ensures the best possible finish.
H+E designs, supplies and installs both water and wastewater treatment facilities. We also supply plants that include recycling of the relatively large volumes of water used. Minimising the volume of water used is becoming an increasingly important requirement in order to protect our environment.
This therefore, ensures that the best quality of water is used for rinsing components. It also minimises operating costs, which is clearly particularly important for large facilities.
We build plants for the Aerospace & Transport sector. We have been doing this for a very long time. Many of the plants we supplied are still working well over 25 years after we installed them! Not surprisingly, although they still work well, plants this old do need some attention. In these cases we offer to conduct a plant Audit. We examine each plant in detail and make any appropriate recommendations to maximise plant life. You can find more information about Plant Audits here.
- Production of deionised water for rinsing. We supply filtration, softening, ion exchange and reverse osmosis systems.
- Bulk (tanker) chemical storage and delivery systems
- SecureChem IBC chemical dosing systems, including external level control units
- Small chemical storage and delivery systems
- Chemical treatment including reduction & oxidation technologies, neutralisation and flocculation
- Lamella Tube Settlement systems
- Sand filters, both pressure type and TOVEKO continuous gravity filters
- Final ion exchange systems. These remove trace metals to very low concentrations where very stringent limits apply.
- High purity rinse water recirculation systems, including integrated deionisation.