H+E Tube Modules provide highly efficient settlement of flocculated solids for industrial and municipal applications when installed in settlement tanks. The physical size of the tank then required is less than a conventional settlement tank. Our standard range of Tube Settlers use Tube Modules. They improve settlement efficiency when added to existing clarifiers. This therefore improves the quality of the outflow without the need to replace an existing clarifier tank. This is clearly a major cost consideration!
We have used Tube Modules many sectors for well over 30 years. Their efficiency and long life has therefore been proved many times.
They are fabricated in ABS plastic and are therefore light and easy to handle on installation. Standard Tube Modules are approximately 2,950mm long x 750mm wide and 520mm deep. So, each tube is approximately 600mm long.
We can manufacture them to different dimensions when necessary for a particular application. You just need to tell us what size you need.
H+E Tube Modules are “lamella” devices. Unlike conventional lamella designs, they use “square” section tubes. Each row of tubes runs in the opposite direction to the previous one. This has a number of advantages:
- Settlement is even more efficient.
- The module itself is physically stronger to handle when installing
- A long service life is ensured.
- Unlike other designs, the square section of the tubes means that they are less prone to accumulating solids and therefore blocking up.
- It is very easy to clean out any minor accumulation of solids once in a while.
Tube Modules are very suitable for settlement of solids where the collected sludge volume is relatively high. On the other hand, conventional lamella designs cannot handle high sludge volumes efficiently. This is largely because of their quite small sludge collection cones.
Tube modules are used to:
- Minimise the size of a new clarifier
- Improve hydraulic efficiency
- Improve final effluent quality
- Minimise investment cost
- Retrofit in existing settlement system
- Enable quick and easy installation
- Manufactured in ABS plastic.
- Light and easy to move and install.
- Long-lasting; 20+ years is quite normal!
For details of the range of sizes and advantages of Tube Settlers, you can download a leaflet here.