Food & Beverage
It is no surprise that the production of food and beverages is one of the biggest industries worldwide and of course, as the population grows, so does production, in order to meet demand. This covers a huge range of products types including the huge range of drinks consumed, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic plus both basic foodstuffs and ready meals.
H+E has been designing and building plants for this sector for over 35 years. During that time, we have built literally hundreds of plants for a huge range of clients in many different countries. As a general rule, such plants are custom-designed to meet each client’s particular requirements, but those designs do typically include a significant percentage of “standard designs” for particular parts of each plant. Whether your need is to treat wastewater for processing of the wide range of dairy products, basic crops (potatoes etc.), yeast or drinks of any kind, H+E can offer customized and energy-efficient solutions for both water and wastewater treatment. As an example, H+E has designed and supplied more than 40 systems for the beet sugar industry. This means we really do have industry-leading experience for this sector, with its particular treatment issues.
As a general rule, all plants are designed and supplied on a turn-key basis
- Process water supply from surface water or sea water
- Deionised water production for steam generation
- Mechanical and physico-chemical pre-treatment
- Anaerobic treatment of highly-loaded wastewater and biological sludge
- Aerobic treatment systems for both highly and moderately contaminated wastewater
- Removal of nitrogen and phosphate
- Recycling concepts for producing process water for reuse
- Specific concepts for minimum liquid discharge (MLD) and zero liquid discharge (ZLD)
- Excess sludge treatment
- Biogas collection and power / heat co-generation for anaerobic systems.
For the sugar beet industry:
- Separation and dewatering of soil from beet wash water
- Wastewater treatment with specialised anaerobic biological technology