Pulp & Paper
Production of the pulp & paper that is required to manufacture so many of the products that we take for granted in our daily lives has traditionally been particularly energy- and water-intensive. In our modern world, where environmental considerations are increasingly important, there is an increasing requirement to optimise production. This is driven by both regulatory requirements (in turn driven by environmental concerns) and also the need to optimise operating costs.
H+E has a huge amount of experience in designing and building systems for pulp and paper industry projects. Today more than 400,000 cubic metres of wastewater are treated in H+E-built plants every year!
Whatever you need, whether it be production of process water, or treatment of wastewater, our proven experience can provide you with a reliable and energy-optimized plant designed to meet your requirements over many years.
We will also provide you with long-term technical support, servicing and spare parts throughout the long life of your plant.
- Process water, cooling tower and boiler feed-water supply from surface water or sea water
- Deionised water production for steam generation
- Condensate polishing for the steam cycle
- Mechanical and physico-chemical pre-treatment
- Specific de-calcification treatment for high calcium-containing effluent streams
- Anaerobic treatment for highly contaminated wastewaters
- Aerobic treatment for moderately polluted wastewater
- Tertiary wastewater treatment for removal of “hard” COD
- Turn-key solutions for wastewater treatment with anaerobic – aerobic biological treatment
- Tertiary wastewater treatment to reduce “hard” COD
- Excess sludge treatment & disposal
- Biogas collection and treatment plus power / heat co-generation
- Recycling concepts for producing process water for re-use
- Specific concepts for minimum liquid discharge (MLD) and zero liquid discharge (ZLD)