We are looking for a job share Assistant Project Engineer at our Horsham office 08.30 – 17.00 Wednesday – Friday.
Responsible to the Managing Director, this position involves a wide variety of work and, although primarily a Post-Contract position, it will include involvement in Pre-Contract activities as and when the Company’s workload dictates. Work will include:
1. Drawing work as required, mainly involving the use of AutoCAD Inventor.
2. Specifying and purchasing of equipment, progressing its manufacture & delivery, ensuring its quality and compliance with the Company’s and clients’ specifications (where appropriate) and our quotation.
3. Production of general contract documentation including Equipment Schedules, Data Sheets etc.
4. Production of Health & Safety documentation including Risk Assessments, Method Statements, COSHH assessments, Safety Instructions etc.
5. Production of Functional Design Specifications based on outline operating process concepts.
6. Providing periodic technical support for a small number of other clients with both water and wastewater treatment plants of various types.
7. Assisting in the bringing to market, sales, support and servicing of new water / wastewater treatment products & technologies.
8. Day-to-day liaison with client & contractors.
9. Commercial & technical negotiations with suppliers.
Post contract site work, which may involve significant travel and extended periods based at clients sites both UK and abroad:
1. Organising and receiving equipment deliveries.
2. Installation supervision.
3. Day-to-day liaison with client & contractors.
4. Plant commissioning process / electrical / mechanical, which will require familiarity with plc based control systems.
5. On-site pre-commissioning electrical checks.
6. Production of Method Statements, Risk Assessments and working with Permit systems.
7. Production of site reports & paperwork, including site instructions & variations.
8. Providing on site support and technical expertise.
9. Providing periodic technical support for a small number of other clients with both water and wastewater treatment plants of various types.
10. Fault finding & rectification.
11. Service visits to clients.
1. Specifying equipment requirements.
2. Co-ordinating with equipment / system suppliers
3. Preparation of quotations & drawings
4. Assistance with selling to clients
5. Follow-up, liaison and potentially meetings with clients
6. Preparation of detailed designs as part of the post-contract team
7. Site visits as appropriate / Collection of information for quotation preparation
Training will be provided in-house as necessary. As & when additional formal training may be necessary, this will be provided.
Depending on contracts received, some site work could potentially be required abroad. This is an essential requirement, when required, and therefore possession of a valid passport is essential.